Thursday, October 15, 2009

autumn.

Autumn is here! I always say it's my favorite season, and then i remember how cold and whiny i get. But the clothes for the fall are always the best, and I get to wear a lot of sweaters, and eat pumpkin-y things, and drink hot chocolate, so I suppose it's worth it.

Here are some autumn things:

I made this apple pie! I used apples that I picked! I put a lot of effort into this pie, and it was delicious! For the filling I used a recipe from a book we have at work called "Mad Hungry". For the crust I used my Magnolia Bakery cookbook, but I made the crust from their strawberry pie. I really liked that the inside of the pie wasn't gooey and sticky, like a Burger King apple pie. It was mostly just the apples and a little bit of juice.



This is dinner from tonight: pan-fried tilapia, sauteed green beans and garlic, baked macoroni, and strawberries.

And last but not least- Tippecanoe!

She likes to sit in the bookcase:


2 comments: